\ Visualizing Evolution: Therizinosaur: Mystery of the Sickle-Claw Dinosaur

Friday, June 27, 2008

Therizinosaur: Mystery of the Sickle-Claw Dinosaur

I just wanted to share a link to a recent Flagstaff Live article about an exhibit at the Museum of Northern Arizona on the dinosaur Therizinosaur which contains a lot of cool-looking paleoart:
Illustration by Victor O. Leshyk
Leshyk blends a strong fine arts background with studies in anatomy, physical science and natural history. As the current scientific illustrator at the Bilby Research Center at Northern Arizona University, and an educational background in both science and fine arts, he is well versed in detailed drawings by hand, computer-based images, and clay and wire models, all of which were involved in the Therizinosaur exhibit.
Check out those claws. I just love this guy's art. He even has a piece on convergent evolution (it's not part of this particular exhibition but by gosh, I had to show it):
Illustration by Victor O. Leshyk

Nice! So I guess if you live in the Flagstaff, AZ area, go check it out. Me, I'm too far away. : (

1 comment:

Kumah said...

The Therizinosaur is so freakin' cool. I want one as a bodyguard.